...

Good Enough (The Goonies theme) - Cindy Lauper


"Everything. OK! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog... When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out... But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life." (The Goonies - 1985)

quarta-feira, 4 de julho de 2007

God gave rock n' roll to you


Bought School of Rock yesterday, finally!! One of my all times favourite "whole-family-must-watch" movie. Jack Black more hilarious than ever...and the kids are also great, the drummer kicks ass...dude...i wish i could play like that, in fact, the whole band is in a so professional level that not even in my dreams i could reach them. Jack's powerful voice and the addictive lyrics are a perfect combination, there's no way, whatsoever, you won't find yourself trying to sing along with the band at the finale's peformance, i know i do...every friggin' time i watch it. LOL
Aww, gotta make a special paragraph about my fav character in the whole movie: the BAND'S STYLIST! Oh.My.Freakin.Lord, that kid makes me wet my pants everytime. Kudos for the awesome "queer-but-cute" young actor's peformance, who by the way, i have no idea the name. (hee). Anyway, priceless.
So, that's pretty much it...funny and remarkable lines (What's rock n' roll about? Sticking it to the MAN!), the old and good rock n' roll, smart kids, great co-stars (Joan Cusack is hilarious) and Jack Black!!

feature music recommended:
- You're not hardcore
- School of rock
- It's a long way to the top

3 comentários:

Unknown disse...

OMG, there's English all over the place!!! Should the comments follow this style? Well... I shouldn't leave any comments by the way. Didn't watch the movie neither. So... that's it, beatch. See you later :P

Manu Miranda disse...

This blog's first comment is deep...hauahauhauahauhauahuah!!! Like Chris, I don't know if I should write in english or portuguese...maybe french??? (un pain avec fromage) hauahauhauahuahuaauhhau. The movie that you chose to open this blog is awesome!!! Really cool. I'll go to your house to watch again [:D]

Bye Cox!!!

Natalia disse...

Guys, feel free to comment in any language you please (one that i understand, hee^^)...i'm only writing in english cause i think is funnier...and personally, i write better than in portuguese...

Glad you both enjoyed!!

XoXo